Q:tips for transwomen; there's an app called depop where women sell their clothes for cheap and sometimes they allow you to make an offer. They also make cami's with training bra things in them and I find that tape on breast forms work well with those.
Mx is now officially over 30 years old
Nat’s gone and done the research, it must’ve taken ages, and it is really interesting and helpful: When was the Mx gender-inclusive title created?
The Google Groups Usenet archive extends back to 1981 and the earliest example I found of someone suggesting and using Mx (albeit as a one off) was in July 1982 on the newsgroup net.nlang during one of their frequent discussions of gender neutral pronouns (intended to be used to refer to anyone without giving their gender) and nonsexist gender neutral language (such as ‘chairperson’ and ‘womyn’)
Nat’s article goes on to document more mentions online, and the first serious mention of its practical application in 1998:
Subject: Re: Vegetarianism and B12 deficiency (was Re: Organic GE)
Newsgroups: uk.misc,soc.culture.british,rec.food.veg,uk.politics.animals, uk.people.teens,soc.culture.scottish,uk.environment
Occasionally I have used the title ‘Mx’ before my name, with the idea
that it leaves in question whether I a woman or a man or somethinng in
between and gives no idea of my maritial status.
I love these little insights into gender and linguistic history. Big appreciation to Nat! I’ve updated the Mx PDF to include this new information (and a couple more examples of its use, by the University of Birmingham and the Institute of Physics), so be sure to download the new version for emailing to stubborn people. Direct download / Scribd
Now, a young transwoman sits, 26 years old, detained in the Cook County Jail, facing 10 years imprisonment for 1st degree attempted murder. Her crime? Self-defense.
ok so i dont have any money and i rly need hormones, like bad
i put up a donation button on my blog for you to donate with paypal
im autistic and trans and i cant get a job for a long while so seriously if you could donate, no matter how little you do, it would mean the world to me. i can draw you a picture or write a short story if you want, i just rly need the money.
and if you can’t donate, thats ok but i ask you to signal boost this if you can id even still draw you stuff if you asked.
paypals not working so im using gofundme instead
Women’s platoon in the New People’s Army
Cool gender fact: The Communist Party of the Philippines, a marxist-leninist-maoist party, recognizes that people have the right to choose their own gender. This policy also applies within the ranks of the NPA.
Things You Can Do For Ferguson:
- Donate money to have those arrested in Ferguson released on bail. These people belong on the streets, especially at a time like this.
- Send a note of condolence to the family of Michael Brown. Let’s not forget the tragedy that started this.
- Donate to the Michael Brown Memorial Fund. This is an official fundraiser run by the Brown family’s lawyers. They are going through so much, lets make sure at the very least it isn’t a financial burden.
- Help get people on the ground. There are activists and reporters who want to do their part and get to Ferguson. Donate and get them there. I am so far aware of Zellie Imani, Zak Jemmott, and JR Valrey (a reporter for SF Bay View).
- Donate to the Ferguson Youth Initiative.The children of this community deserve better than to be gunned down. Make sure they get that in the future.
- Feed the children of Ferguson. Many children in America rely on school to get their meals and thanks to the civil unrest caused by the police, the children of Ferguson have been without school since Monday. These people want to make sure that doesn’t mean anyone is going hungry.
- Find a National Moment of Silence in your area. If one doesn’t exist, start one. Share this experience with others. Solidarity is important.
- Keep awareness up. Not just among the like-minded people on tumblr, this is something everyone needs to be aware of.
- Spread accurate information. There is a lot of distortion going on here and spreading every piece of information as it is reported only makes that worse. First and foremost make sure you are listening carefully, then share what is important and relevant.
If you are aware of any good causes or ways to help that I have missed, please reblog and add them.
When you’re ready to affirm your true gender but the job market is not.
- what’s happening in ferguson?
- what’s happening in ferguson? (different post, more info)
- resource post (how to help, protect yourself from teargas, ect)
- protect yourself from teargas
- homemade teargas mask
- michael brown memorial fund
- petition to protect citizens from police violence and misconduct
- food/meal drive for elementary school kids in ferguson
- feed the students of ferguson fund
- cops told they are allowed to be filmed
- cops take away/dismantle cameras
- reporters tear gassed
- ferguson police open fire into peaceful protest (video)
- i am mike brown livestream (videos)
- michael brown friend describes shooting (video)
- new video from the michael brown shooting (video)
- ferguson looks like a war zone (tw violent imagery)
- shot with rubber bullets (tw violent imagery/blood)
if there is anything else that is important to add, please let me know
if you’re interested, this person is trying to organize a food/meal drive for elementery school kids in Ferguson.
schools in Ferguson have been closed since Monday and that’s where a LOT of the kids in Ferguson get their food from, to explain how important this is.
That links to her twitter page, this is the link straight to the fundraiser.